- Select a single letter by clicking on one of the letters from the pyramid.
- Attempt to guess the whole word or phrase by clicking on the blue button with a double up arrows. You have one attempt at this for every uncompleted word or phrase. Be careful! A wrong guess means starting again from the bottom or from your holdfast lower down the mountain face if you used one (see below).
- Secure yourself to the mountain face with a holdfast using the yellow button with the holdfast symbol. Every player has 3 holdfasts available.
- To skip a move.
- Selection of a single letter – if the player selects successfully, the mountaineer climbs up a number of meters determined by the value of the letter and the amount of times the letter appears in the word or phrase (e. g. if the letter A has a value of 2 points and occurs 3 times in the answer, the player climbs up by 6 meters). By contrast, if the player guesses wrong then the mountaineer moves down the face by the amount of the the most valuable letter (i.e. 8 meters).
- Guessing the whole word or phrase – after successfully guessing the whole word or phrase the player gains points for the 5 most valuable letters in the word or phrase (i.e. those with the highest value-times-occurrence ratio). But remember, a wrong guess means starting again from the bottom or from your holdfast lower down the face if you used one!
- Secure yourself with a holdfast – the mountaineer stays put.
- Skip a move – the mountaineer moves down the face by an amount of meters determined by the most valuable letter (i.e. 8 meters).
Apart from points (altitude), the number of moves needed to reach the summit is measured in the top-right corner display. This number is used for calculating high scores.
People who play Climbers also like
Mau Mau - 101Players onlineAdded: 9 years ago
Popular version of the classic UNO. Get rid of your cards first to win the game.
On Words - 202Players onlineAdded: year ago
An action-packed word game that checks both your active vocabulary and spelling speed. Create more words than your opponent.
Gomoku - 12Players onlineAdded: 9 years ago
Choose O or X then line up 5 in a row in this timeless board game.