Hi Data Engineer,
What will you do at Geewa?
- Maintain, improve, clean and manipulate data in the analytics and game databases
- (Re)design our data architecture, find the best solutions for Analytics and implement them by using Azure Stream Analytics and Data Bricks or by any other modern approach
- Work with our backend developers, data analysts and other stakeholders to understand and help in the implementation of database requirements
- Analyze performance and troubleshoot any issues
- Write a lot of SQL, Python, Scala scripts
- Develop and implement scripts for database maintenance, monitoring, performance tuning, and etc.
- Prepare raw data for manipulation by Data Analysts
- Remain up-to-date with industry standards and technological advancements that will improve the quality of your outputs.
What is required?
- At least 1+ year experience in the similar position
- Knowledge of relational and column store database
- Architectural knowledge of data structures
- Ability to write efficient SQL queries, Python scripts
- Experience with data manipulation
- Understanding of data mining, statistics and applied mathematics
- Knowledge of Data Bricks and Stream analytics in Azure environment is a plus
- Ability to solve performance and tuning of databases
- Be open to new technologies and script languages
- Positive attitude towards gaming and understanding how in-game economies work in different games is a huge plus
- Good communication and analytical skills
- English is necessary as we have a team of almost 20 nationalities
What we offer?
- Independency, environment without unnecessary bureaucracy
- Working with a team full of gaming enthusiasts that are running the studio like a startup for over a decade
- Brand new and modern office in the technological heart of Prague
- Attractive material compensations including quarterly performance related bonuses
- Fresh fruit and vegetables at the office every day
- A pool table in the office :)